BLT Bites Recipe
- Prep: 25 min. + chilling
- Yield: 16 Servings
- 16 to 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Originally published as BLT Bites in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.